Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yes, he did inherit his father's fashion sense...


So I let Chase dress himself for school the other day and this is what he came downstairs in. It was Spirit Week, hence the hat. The Harley outfit is b/c he likes motorcycles. The soccer socks are b/c he thought they looked cool. I didn't, but whatev. I should have snapped a pic of him on Sunday when he wore black dress socks pulled up to his calves and a Spiderman outfit (shorts and a sleeveless shirt). I tried explaining that it didn't match, but he pointed out the black in the outfit matched the black socks. So then I told him that pulling up black socks w/shorts is a fashion crime. He thought it looked cool. Dad was over for dinner and pointed out that he did the same thing. Uh--exactly!

Courtesy of the craptastic weather, baseball tonight is cancelled. I'd be lying if I said anyone in the family is upset about that. Well, maybe Jamie b/c he's installing a new garbage disposal tonight and I suspect he'd rather be pitching to six year olds than doing home repairs. But given the 20 degree drop in the temp since 9am this morning (it is now 57 degrees--yeah, I'm really buying this global warming thing)--Chase and I are greatful we won't be freezing our tushies off tonight.

Despite the awful weather this weekend, we did manage to hit the pool for about 45 minutes on Sunday. Cassie actually did much better than I thought she would--once she adjusted to the freezing temps, she loved the water. I saw a mom I was "pregnant" with last summer--she has a daughter a week younger than Cassie, so Cass will have a little playmate at the pool this summer. Chase had a great time, as usual and I had to drag him out of there, blue lips and all!

He also had a great time at Grandpa Jim's lake on Saturday and caught six fish all by himself. Cassie and I spent most of the day at Grandpa and Grandma's house where she napped on my lap and I watched movies w/Aunt Stacey. I'll post more pics when I download them...

No comments: