Ho...ho...ho! Tis the time of year when I usually post a tongue in cheek review of our year in honor of all the "our lives are so perfect, don't you wish you were us" Christmas letters sent round the world. Yet after the week I've had, reality is so much crazier than anything I could make up! Saturday, Chase had an allergic reaction to Nita's cat that sent him to the ER. Allergy testing on Tuesday confirmed that he is seriously allergic to cats. Fortunately, he isn't allergic to anything else so he can avoid shots so long as he avoids cats! But guess how many holes were poked in his arm to discover this? The next day, Cassie ended up at the doctor. All we needed was a urine sample. Unfortunately her will is as iron-clad as her bladder, so she ended up experiencing a catheter. Much to my surprise (and her doctor's), she didn't have the UTI we suspected. If life were a Jeopardy game, I'd have pointless invasive medical procedures for $2000, Alex. Needless to say, I'm batting about 0 with my Mother's Intuition right now.
From what I've seen of him, Jamie is well. He got back from a week of hunting in Kansas on Sunday night and has been playing catch up in the office ever since. His one "early" night this week, I walked the dog for an hour (several stuffed animals in our residence are now missing their eyeballs as a direct result of his lack of walks over the last 10 freezing cold days) and while I was gone, Chase deleted my most recent (unwatched) episode of Glee from the DVR. While usually I appreciate signs of my indispensibility around the house, this was NOT so appreciated! We may be coming soon to an episode of Snapped near you!
No comments:
Post a Comment