Monday, December 13, 2010

On the First Day of Cycle Break...

My QOTD today is courtesy of my Dad, who said "Do they have to fight over EVERYTHING?" as the kids were engaged in a shoving match over a keyboard at his house. Clearly the man has blocked out living with Mikki and me for 18+ years or he would know the answer to that question is, without question, "YES!"

Life, at the moment, is good. Chase is playing at a friend's house. Cass is napping. I'm procrastinating treadmill time. Despite my best efforts, the scale is about 3 lbs heavier than I would like. Jamie and my Dad say it is muscle from the strength training I've been doing. But I don't like the numbers. So I'm stepping up my workout efforts. Yesterday the dog got a walk outside and I did Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. Today I'm thinking the treadmill alone should do it. I wonder if I could use the laptop/Hulu and catch up on Glee...that would be a good 45-50 minute workout!

I went on a cooking binge yesterday: soup, white chili & pork shoulder. We'll have pulled pork for dinner tonight and I've got leftovers for lunch for the rest of the week. Nothing better than hanging in the kitchen by a warm oven when there are frigid temps outside! Have I mentioned lately how much I love my kitchen?

Enough procrastinating. Off w/the jeggings, into some sweats. I bought the coziest cocoon sweater at Target Saturday morning off the clearance rack. I LOVE IT! So does Cassie--there is enough sweater here to wrap her up with me! We had her Christmas "recital" this morning at dance--I'll post pics once I have them uploaded. Remind me of how cute she was today when she's a smartass teenager, would you? B/c I loved being a girl mom and seeing my little elf dance this morning!

No comments: