Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm

Yesterday I visited all three Targets within a 5 mile radius of my house. That might be a record. I knocked out the last bit of shopping for my kids (Cassie, specifically), picked up a bday gift for a friend of Chase, and found a pair of fabulous booties for me! Plus assorted other things: candy canes, bottled water, a white dress on clearance for Cassie for the Christmas play tomorrow at church--she's an angel.

The kids and I sandwiched lunch w/dad yesterday between trips to Target, which was nice. Then we headed home. Cass took a nap and I went on a cooking/baking binge. I made two pies (chocolate ribbon & pumpkin layer), a broccoli cauliflower & cheese casserole, enchiladas for dinner, and a loaf of cranberry bread. One of the pies and the casserole are for a funeral at church today. The other pie and bread are for church tomorrow (we're coffee hosts--I need to make one more thing today but have to buy eggs). Dinner was pretty good, a great way to use up leftovers! I did the Shred (level 3, w/heavier weights), made my third (and final) Target run, then walked Sherman. Today Chase has a birthday party, and I've got that funeral at church to help out with after doing my leg of the bday party carpool.

I am LOVING my new booties. It amazes me how the older I get, the stuff I crave gets simpler and simpler. Since I am perpetually cold from October-April, I live in booties (or super fuzzy socks) at home.The soles in my pair from last year were shot but I was reluctant to spring for a new pair until I saw bright red ones on sale yesterday! I'm so glad I did! Toasty toes make me happy.

No comments: