The kitchen is FINALLY finished! While most of the decisions were relatively easy (the granite, the faucet, the backsplash), it took me DAYS to find the sink I wanted. But the final result was worth it all!
Because we've replaced every appliance but the refridgerator since we moved in, had the floors refinished last year, and the cabinets were in good shape, it was a relatively easy reno. Still, living without running water for three days in the kitchen completely sucked. I'm so glad to be finished. I'm also thrilled that all the things Jamie questioned: namely the tile backsplash (he wanted granite) and white oversized single basin sink (why not a double stainless bowl?) are among his favorite features! The sink IS amazing. I'm so looking forward to holiday entertaining now...
This morning this kids were particularly funny. Cassie came into my bed for a snuggle and some Dora watching. When Chase made his way in, she popped out with "hey, duuuuuude." Chase and I cracked up. A bit later Chase asked me if he and Cassie would still get presents when the Santa gig was up for her. I said yes. Then he asked if he would have to buy his kids presents when he was grown up. I said yes again. He said, "Man! I hope I get suckers who like $30 presents."Seriously. This from the kid who wants about a million dollars worth of Legos...
Cassie is demanding "noodles" for dinner. Last night I found pumpkin spice pudding at Schnucks. I mixed a box with 1 C of skim and 1 C of lite cool whip. Chilled & served w/more cool whip, it was a nice alternative to pumpkin pie! I really am cooking more and stressing less. The granite hides far more than the hideous white laminate and the tile is so much easier to clean than drywall. I am a happy, happy mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment