My sister the overachiever is writing something she is thankful for every day on her blog. While I think that's nice (and am anxiously awaiting my specific entry-no, that's not sarcasm, either), I'm not that dedicated or ambitious. But I am perfectly capable of counting many of my blessings in ONE post! This isn't all-inclusive, think of it as a Cliff Notes version of my gratefulness!
1. I'm grateful to God for all the many blessings he has bestowed upon me. Life isn't always easy, but God is good all the time.
2. I'm thankful for Jamie. I don't know too many other people lucky enough to meet their soulmate at the age of 18, but I did and will be forever grateful that he's put up with me for almost half of my life! He is the calm in the eye of the storm (yeah, that's me--force of nature is being kind, I think). He is such a hard worker and awesome provider. And he thinks Tony Parker and Tiger Woods were jackasses for cheating on their wives. I'm a lucky, lucky woman to be married to him. And I know it.
3. I'm thankful for my children. Motherhood did not come easily to me, but I think my struggle with infertility makes me appreciate my children that much more. Chase and 'Cassie are the greatest gifts of my life and if I've done nothing else, to be their mother is enough.
4. I'm grateful that my Dad and Mikki are more than my dad and my sister, they're also my friends. That's a rare gift and I treasure it very much.
5. I'm thankful for my friends--who are the family I've gotten to chose.
6. I'm thankful for my volunteer work. I learn so much more from it than I actually give...
7. I'm thankful for Sherman. He reminds me daily of the virtues of gentleness and patience.
8. I'm thankful for Diet Coke. No, really. I'm pretty sure it runs through my blood.
9. I'm thankful that I'm relatively healthy and able to manuever around w/o assistance. Everything but my thyroid works and I'm okay w/that.
Life is good. And I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment