So I've been up to my elbows in crap lately. Literally. On Thursday, we discovered the hard way that Cassie has chronic constipation. Remember my Holy Shit entry? Doesn't hold a candle to the mess I found Thursday...she's now on a daily dose of Miralax. Which means we've gone from constipation to diarrhea...SIGH.
Saturday night, Jamie and I were watching the game (WELL DONE TIGERS!) and I pointed out that the kids were entirely too quiet upstairs and that Jamie should check on them. Jamie because I'm the bigger football fan. He waited until a commercial break and discovered that Cassie had helped herself to leftover wings, which Sherman consumed. Chicken bones are as bad as it gets for dogs, but he seemed fine.
So after a nine and a half hour day at the Emmanuel UCC Sausage Supper serving up a record-setting 400 carry out meals, I came home to discover the worst craptastrophe of my life in the laundry room. The dog, the cage, the laundry room itself--all poo-covered. Despite the lightening, the dog went outside. Eventually the crate did as well and I hosed them both off. Yes, in lightening. You do what you gotta do. Then the dog and I got a shower to ensure he was fit for indoor living.
From the looks of it, we've lucked out w/a case of basic gastroenteritis from the spicy wing sauce. Which, while awful, is a whole lot better than the bowel obstruction or bowel perforation I initally feared. He's had quite a bit of ice and 6 tablespoons of pumpkin and seems so far, so good.
Despite all the crap, my house smells great right now because my sister introduced me to the Scentsy. You can check it out here: https://d3.scentsy.us/Buy?partyId=3732657. I'm currently using a full sized warmer in the kitchen and its cinnamon vanilla scent is so much better than the pervasive combo of toddler & retriever diarrhea. Walking into my house, you'd never know that I've been up to my elbows in crap the last few days. Thank God for my Scentsy...check it out in the link above. Even if you don't have my stinky combo, who couldn't use a little sweetness in their life?
No comments:
Post a Comment