So I picked out (and paid for) my new countertops last week. Have a new sink (going w/polar white granite composite) and faucet (oil rubbed bronze pull down) tentatively picked out, and a referral/reference from a neighbor for a tile guy (have the tile for the backsplash all picked out as well). Now I'm just waiting to hear from the granite company about a templating date...
It is a crazy, crazy week: church sausage supper this weekend and a miles long to-do list almost every day. I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred last week. Level 1 kicked my ass and I couldn't do level 2. I'm alternating it every other day (which means I'm doing it today at some point, 26 minutes 46 seconds of hell) w/some other form of cardio. Yesterday it was Zumba on demand. I don't think I'm as coordinated as I once was...although watching Cassie in dance class yesterday really made me miss dance. Perhaps I'll see about a parent class while the kiddos are in class. It would be fun.
A sure sign of the Apocolypse may have occured today. I bought another Christmas present for Cassie. I have three things (pjs, Beauty & the Beast movie & Belle doll) for her upstairs in the guest room closet. For a somewhat notorious procrastinator like myself, that may be a true sign of the Apocolypse. Or maturity. I'm going with Apocolypse though. I'm making a concerted effort to keep them together and not forget about them (they're in plain sight of the wrapping paper). I bought some stuff after Christmas for her bday and forgot about it until well after her bday. She loved the "just because" presents but I'm trying not to do THAT again! I haven't started on Chase b/c he wants Harry Potter legos and I'm hoping to find some Black Friday deals for that. And of course I haven't started on the rest of the fam--I've got to get through Halloween first. I bought tulle to make part of Cassie's costume today but I think I'm going to break down and buy Chase's. By the time I factor in fabric + pattern + several hours of my time, I might as well just buy his Harry Potter costume! Still need to find orange & black striped tights for Cass, Dad picked up a hat today. She wants to be a mean, scary witch. I'm making a sparkly orange, silver & black tutu to pull over one of her leotards, plus orange & black striped tights & a witch's hat. Don't know how "mean & scary" she'll be...but she does love her tutus. Joann's fabric had black footless tights in my size 50% off today--HELLO? That's so a fall/winter staple & not just a Halloween thing. I just wish they'd also had some in her size! That place + Costco in one day is like shopping heaven. Just throw in Target & Ikea and I'd never need anywhere else to shop again...
My three hours of freedom are over--time to pick up a princess from preschool...
No comments:
Post a Comment