In the Museum of Westward Expansion underneath the Gateway Arch, there is a quote from a pioneer-era worker stating, "It was a hard life to swallow, but I couldn't just sit back there and look to someone to feed us." How times have changed. We have a Congress for the people, of the people and by the people with a 17% approval rating. 83% of our population disapproves of Congress, yet year after year we reelect the same idiots to do the same self-serving, what-can-I-get-for-my-district-so-I-can-get-reelected pols. We the people could send a strong message about our disapproval at the polls this November, but will we? Probably not because we're too worried about getting our stuff for our community, so we'll send the same career politicians right back to Washington to do their own bidding. And we'll get EXACTLY what we deserve!
I'm having a hard time finding the right to free medical care in my Constitution--am I missing a few pages? Jamie pays approximately 6K a year for our health care, in addition to co-pays, deductibles, etc. His company matches that. We have good coverage, but we PAY for it. Just like we pay for our car insurance, homeowners insurance, earthquake insurance, etc. Is car insurance also an inalienable right? What about life insurance? Where does this end?
No comments:
Post a Comment