Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Losing our Marbles

Last night Jamie's client bailed (probably had tickets to the All Star game) and Jamie came home to watch the game. Taking advantage of that...I stole outside on the deck to read a bit w/Shermy. When I came inside, chaos reigned. And Jamie informed me that he thought Cass swallowed a marble. I asked her where the marble was and she opened her mouth, pointed down her throat and said, "AHHHHHH!" Awesome.

I took her upstairs, bathed her, and was putting her to bed when Chase came upstairs. I sent him into the tub. I heard water running, but didn't think anything of it. Then Jamie came upstairs yelling at us. For two or three years I've been complaining about a water spot on the kitchen ceiling and for two or three years he's been ignoring me. Last night, the kitchen ceiling, coincidently (or not) the spot I've been complaining about, started dripping. Guess who isn't ignoring me anymore?

Apparently it was MY fault that Chase overflowed the tub. The kid is 7 1/2 years old and perfectly capable of bathing himself. I was reading to a todder, in said toddler's bedroom. Can I point out that Jamie only knew the kitchen ceiling was dripping b/c he was fixing himself an All Star snack before parking his butt back on the couch cushion it had been attached to ever since Obama threw out the first pitch?(And don't even get me started on what kind of idiot wears a WHITE SOX jacket to Busch Stadium? Seriously? He's dumber than I thought.) So yeah--last night was good times in the Tennyson household. After the kids were in bed, Sherman got a nice long walk so I could cool off.

In case you're wondering, the marble should "pass" in 1-2 weeks. Until then, I'm on poop patrol. I could "speed things up" by giving her mineral oil, but I'm just going to let nature take its course. The last thing I need is to give her diarrhea trying to get the marble out.

Chase starts 2nd grade tomorrow...not a moment too soon! Think I could send Cass along to be the class mascot?

No comments: