Friday, February 13, 2009

So it IS possible to have a lower approval rating than Bush when he left office and NOT be a member of Congress...

If your name is Timothy Geithner, your approval rating is around 17% right now. So much for HOPE and CHANGE. I'm hoping for a change in 2012 (and hoping the country survives until then). Despite better than expected retail sales news for the month of January, the market tanked again today, only to recover when Obama talked about giving my tax dollars to people who can't afford their house payments. Awesome! Really, what were we thinking five years ago when we bought a house we could afford anyway. Silly us and our financial responsibility. We should have doubled our square footage (and mortgage) and bought a house we couldn't afford and let the government bail us out. Because apparently our "living, breathing Constitution" not only provides for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness but also houses we can't afford and (God help us) socialized medicine for all. Yay! Seriously, when did documents become living things anyway? I must have slept through that whole paper breathing thing in biology class...

I've got more, but I need to go to bed, lest I prove my Dad's snarky comment of "you're on the Internet 20 hours a day and only sleep like five hours a night to feed your addiction" true. How does he know that, anyway?

No comments: