Monday, February 23, 2009

Random Stuff

So the economy sucks. Jamie still has a job, of course, but every so often will look at me, sigh and say, "We're in the worst economy since the Great Depression. Could you watch your spending?" I haven't had a pedicure since Christmas, and I don't remember exactly why, but I really deserved that last one. However, since we're in a recession, I'm saving my pedi money for doggy day care. I'm all about priorities.

Lest you think I'm as awful Paris Hilton as that sounds (I do re-read what I write), my major shopping vices are Target and Dierbergs. With Costco thrown in every other month or so. It is not like I'm dropping a wad at Saks frequently. Or really, ever. I'm buying groceries and Glade plug ins/detergent.

We are getting the hardwood floors screened this week. My neighbors' hardwoods look so much nicer than mine. Probably because the Clampetts didn't reside in their homes before they bought them (I'm sure the previous owners were very nice people, but good housekeepers? Not so much). Seriously, the hardwoods weren't so hot when we moved in. Five years later, they look like crap because they desperately need another coat of urethane. So I got a referral from a friend w/beautiful hardwoods and got a quote from her company. Then I got a second quote (b/c that's what responsible people do) from the company the refinished the church's hardwood floors. Unfortunately due to the fact that I used Orange Glo cleaner on my floors (I'm pretty sure Satan himself makes that stuff--ditto Murphy's Oil Soap, do NOT use that crap on your floors) they wouldn't screen the floors, they wanted to refinish him. Which costs three times as much and takes three times as long. Um, yeah--not so much when the Dow sinks lower every day and Jamie is sending me emails w/YouTube clips about some housewife buying a month of groceries for her family of four on $50. Seriously. He sent me that in an email. I didn't watch it. Like I have time for obsessive coupon clipping with my Facebook addiction. We're in a recession and I shopped at Aldi tonight ($.35 Mac and Cheese AND wine, I really like that place). I love Chase's age b/c he was fascinated by the pay-carts and off brands. Hey Mom, I found some Lucky Charms that aren't, can we get them? It was like a big fun adventure. Until Cass sneezed green snot and lost her paci...then, not such an adventure. And even though Chase was totally pissed that he didn't get to see the pay-cart in action, thank you Aldi shopper lady who gave me a quarter and saved me from taking my cranky toddler BACK to return my cart hell.

I need to think about something happy. Shermy's BFF was over TWICE today. He's been sacked out since Diesel left around 6pm. I haven't been walking him since Cass and I have both been feeling craptastic, hopefully tomorrow it will be decent walking weather after her nap b/c I'm feeling like a slug. But exercise is completely unappealing when you can't breathe...

I'm off to finish my bible study for Wednesday. I'm the geek who reads ahead. Why wasn't I like that in school when I was getting grades? Maybe I will finish my Masters just for fun...

1 comment:

April said...

Yeah, the feeding my family of 15 on $10/week is a load of crap; they're probably eating $.35 mac $ cheese every day.... Of course, Ayden (& Adam too for that matter) would eat Ramen noodles every day if I'd let him! That would certainly bring our grocery bill down! And I'm addicted to Facebook, too, now; how could I have lived without it for so long?!?! ;)