Good news first: At 10:05 tomorrow evening, Chase will be seven years old. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I remember I stopped pushing (TMI?) just to see the lead story on KSDK's 10pm news--would it be Trent Green or Kurt Warner starting in the Super Bowl for the Rams? Chase came home with a Super Bowl onesie from St. John's, the Rams lost that Super Bowl and well into the throes of breastfeeding hell, postpartum depression, and new motherhood, I really didn't care. Seven amazing years later, Kurt Warner is starting in another Super Bowl for the Arizona Cardinals, and we're rooting for him again! And Chase has been a greater source of joy (and frustration sometimes) that we could have ever imagined. So a very Happy Birthday to our big boy!
The kind of good: my pinched nerve is improved to the point where I no longer need pharmaceuticals to function, although I'm long overdue for another chiropractic adjustment (hopefully tomorrow).
The bad: We missed my nephew Brady's bday party last Saturday because Chase woke up with pinkeye. And Sherman woke up w/an infected hot spot on his neck b/c Jamie forgot to take the e-collar off before he put him to bed. So countless loads of laundry and antibiotic eyedrops (Chase) and oral antibiotics & cream (Sherm) later, I think we're on the other side of this. Sherm's been w/o his e-collar or pinch collar the better part of the week and his behavior has been really very wonderful! I did use the e-collar when we went down to the common ground to sled yesterday, but didn't need to use it. He loves the snow more than the kids, I think! He is really maturing into a great dog and all that training is REALLY paying off!
The ugly: Approximately 54-56 weeks ago I blogged about my then-three-year-old dishwasher needing repairs nearly equal to the cost of the dishwasher. I'm sure you can find the post (there may be more than one) under January 2008. My now-four-year-old Maytag stopped working yesterday afternoon. I spoke to Maytag/Whirlpool, clarified what would be covered under the manufacturer's warranty, and decided that we should do our part to stimulate the economy and get my third dishwasher (fourth if you count the one I had to buy for the rental house last year--I don't) in five years. I had to replace a five year old Maytag a year after we moved into this house. I wanted to get a Kenmore, stupid Sears saleslady talked me into another Maytag. Yesterday I got a Kenmore Elite from the same salesguy who sold me the oven in October. I probably should have asked for a frequent shopper discount since he actually remembered me!
I could do a long, huge rant about Maytag but I did that a year ago. Suffice to say, the parts that Maytag replaced a year ago failed again. The original cost of the machine, plus the repair last year, plus this repair would = a top of the line dishwasher and probably part of my new stove as well. Or the front loading HE washer I covet. But shhhhh on that. We've now replaced every appliance we bought with this house (the microwave, range & two dishwashers have died, & the water heater is on its last legs) and the house is only nine years old! Of the appliances that we bought when we married, the 12 year old fridge and 12 year old washer are still kicking (both Kenmore). And they need to kick a little longer or Jamie is going to make me work at Sears for an appliance discount...
Bottom line? Whirlpool owns Maytag. My sister replaced her four year old Whirlpool dishwasher this month and I had to replace my four year old Maytag dishwasher. Maybe I had a lemon, but I'm not testing my luck with another Maytag/Whirlpool appliance again! They just don't make them like they used to.
All in all though, more good than bad. And my new dishwasher is being installed tomorrow. YAY that! A happy, happy day tomorrow will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment