Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oops

So I just got a FB message from a friend asking if I blog and where. As I replied, I realized it's been a while. Sorry. I've made a few more blankets and read 30 some odd books on the Kindle. We bought Chaser his own Nook. For the record, the Kindle is better. But don't tell Chase...

Cassie isn't really napping much anymore. Right now she's upstairs and quiet. She could be sleeping. Or she could be coloring all over herself like she was yesterday when she was supposed to be napping. Frankly, I'm afraid to go see.

UPDATE: She was napping and I woke her up. Awesome. I started this post during "nap" yesterday and am finishing while I watch Cass and babysit my niece, approx. 21 hours later. This may be why blog posts are few and far between. Life gets in the way. Last night after dinner I went to yoga (I joined a gym and gained five pounds. And lest you assure me it is "muscle" b/c muscle weighs more than fat, I'm pretty sure muscle wouldn't make my tush jigglier and jeans tight. More likely the mentality of "I just busted my butt at the gym, so I'm going to eat these Girl Scout Cookies" is catching up w/me), came home and fed the kids (again), got the kids in bed, read a bit and collapsed in bed. This morning was school drop off, shopping (Easter & grocery), hardwood mopping, preschool pick up, lunch, babysit niece while neighbor kid mows, catch up on email & various correspondence. Tonight is a baseball game for Chase (dear God, please rain after recess but before he gets home) 30 minutes from here less than an hour after he gets home. When I called his BFF to see if he could go w/them, I ended up getting to take along the BFF w/us instead. At some point in there I must make and serve a delicious but nutritious dinner.

I saw SAHM = vacation on Facebook today. Does that sound like a vacation to you? I could really use room service and a maid, but I've got a baseball uniform to find, laundry to put away and carpet to vacuum. Maybe I just need a wife....

No comments: