Monday, February 28, 2011

SLACKER

I'm currently reading Rummy's memoir and loving it. I think it is even better than W's memoir because it gives a view of American politics over the last 50 years. As a politics/history buff, it's a great read for me!

When I bought Known and Unknown, I also got a Kindle. It was my Valentine's Day present from Jamie. I'm loving it, but not as much as Chase is. He read for 6 or 7 hours straight yesterday. That's not a typo. He is completely obsessed with the Percy Jackson series right now. All he wants to do is read--it reminds me of myself at his age, when my mother would kick me off the couch and make me go outside to play. That kid is SO his mother's child!

Since he's been using the Kindle, I've been on a bit of a crochet tear. I made Cassie a new blanket (v-stitch) and Jamie a blanket (also a v-stitch w/six pounds of yarn, my biggest blanket to date and the current family favorite). I also made two baby blankets (1 large granny square and 1 waffle weave) and a baby hat to match one of the blankets. I'm working on a third baby blanket right now. There is no shortage of baby boys due to friends this spring/fall, so I've got plenty of stuff to make!

I joined a gym a few weeks ago and am loving the Zumba and yoga classes offered. I'd forgotten how much I loved yoga classes--it just doesn't compare to a tape at home!

Naptime for Cass means crochet (and laundry) time for Mama. Per my last update--the Allergy Mama's chocolate chip cookies are the new hands down favorite around here. They were a HUGE hit at church yesterday, too!

No comments: