Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Adjusting

 I'm reading these two books and LOVING them! Decision Points is a fascinating look inside W's Presidency. Since I'm a fan of 43, I don't know if haters would enjoy the book. I am enjoying it tremendously. So much so that Cassie's new unicorn pillow pet is named George.

We are adjusting to a dairy-free life with her. Since she was already peanut/tree nut-free, the real challenge of her recent testing was eliminating dairy. It's been quite an adjustment for me (as the primary shopper and preparer of food in our household), but Cassie has adapted BEAUTIFULLY. She loves chocolate rice milk, loved soy pudding, liked strawberry soy yogurt, eats veggie slices american cheese daily--she has adjusted beautifully. Last night I made chocolate cake from the Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book. I iced it with Pillsbury Chocolate Icing (yes, it is dairy-free). It was a hit. So were her chocolate crinkle cookies tonight. My only complaint is that there is no calorie/fat/nutrition information for the recipes. That would elevate the book to just about perfect in my eyes. My true test comes tomorrow when I take some of the cake and cookies over to Dad's house. The immediate family gave the cookies and cake a thumbs up. Chase's friend Cody who was over tonight also enjoyed the cookies, so much so that I sent some home with him.

We are adjusting. It is a new way of life, but we are making our way...

No comments: