Quite honestly, this break is flying by already! I've seriously limited screen time for the kiddos which means I'm trying to keep them engaged doing what we did before DVR (and 24 hrs of the Backyardigans Robots) and Wii. The weather has been less than cooperative, so we haven't spent as much time at the pool as we usually do. We hit the library earlier this week on a stormy day and got the kids signed up for the summer reading program. For every 30 minutes of screen time, Chase has to play outside or read a book for 30 minutes. He balked at first, but he's reading a ton. He's also loving his new airsoft rifle. I think it is an AK-47.
We did the zoo yesterday. I renewed my membership (the highway is open again!) and we'll be more frequent visitors. Cassie refused a stroller and was quite a little trooper, tromping thru. We loved the stingray exhibit, it was definitely the highlight of the trip. I'm looking forward to heading back when it isn't quite so hot and crowded!
In the last few months we've done the STL Arch, Magic House & Zoo. Next up is a trip to Six Flags and perhaps the Science Center if we get a spectacularly crappy weather day...
That is not today. It is shaping up to be a beautiful pool day! I'm off to ready us for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment