Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's That Time...Another Christmas Letter



Ho ho hope you're having a fabulous year! 2009 was an eventful year for the Tennyson family. Despite the worst economy since the Great Depression, Jamie is still thriving in the investment field. The Dow was far better to him this year than his hunting trips as there were no new antlered additions to his man cave. Thank you God.

Chase is 7 going on 15. He figured out the Santa thing this year and is quite excited about being one of Santa's elves for his sister. He is obsessed with all things Mario and Luigi and wants to be a professional Lego builder when he grows up. Or an architect. Most days he uses his brain for good instead of evil and those are very good days indeed. Just today he announced that, "I'm the bomb at school because I'm so good at tooting! Everyone thinks it is funny." Oh yes, he's quite a charmer that one. A real ladies man.

Cassie is almost 2 1/2 and our baby is not a baby anymore! Apparently there is a motormouth gene and (surprise, surprise) she got it. She also inherited a stubborn streak (let's blame Daddy for that one) and her favorite thing to say is, "I DO IT!" And do it she does. She loves to sing and dance! She also loves anything her big brother is doing and adores her big brother's friends. Shhhh, don't tell her they're Chase's friends b/c she thinks they're HER friends.

Cassie's very best friend is Sherman. It's been quite a year w/the Sherminator. I've requested a fast pass from our area ER because both kids wound up with stitches courtesy of Shermy. In July, he bumped Cassie on the stairs. She tumbled down a few and hit the newel post, requiring 4 stitches in her forehead. Just last month, he and Chase bumped heads. Unfortunately his tooth hit Chase's eyebrow and Chase got eight stitches. Needless to say, there is no more wrestling in the house w/our gentle giant. The kids adore Shermy despite the stitches, and so do Jamie and I. He is such a sweet boy and my very favorite walking/rollerblading partner!

As for me, I'm staying busy w/the kids, the house, volunteering and managing our investment properties. I always enjoy a nice, long (childless PLEASE) walk w/the dog when I can and a quick rollerblade through the neighborhood (yes, w/the dog on his leash) is even better! I am starting to think about what I want to be when I grow up (that would be when Cassie starts kindy in 2012) and am torn between politics and a nursing career...fortunately I've got a few more years to decide! In the meantime, I'm enjoying every sticky, laundry-filled, vacuuming/dusting/mopping/toilet scrubbing moment at home with her! Despite the hair-pulling moments, my family is worth every mountain of laundry, poor aim into the toilet and sticky handprint I encounter!

Happy Holidays from our mess to yours!

No comments: