Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Milestones...

So yesterday Cassie held my hand and walked instead of riding in the cart at Target. She only tried to run off once (to the toothpaste aisle) and when I reminded her that if she ran, she rode, she stayed by me and demanded, "Mama! Han!" every time I dropped her hand to steer the cart. She drops the ending sounds of words which is very cute, but I hope short lived...

She's been such a big girl lately and so funny. Yesterday, upon smelling a stinky diaper I asked her if she'd pooped. She said, "No. Butt." and pointed to her butt. Apparently SHE didn't poop, her butt did. My sister is horrified that she says butt instead of bottom, but if you know me, you're probably pleasantly surprised that is the extent of "potty language" that she has picked up in this house...

Just when I was thinking that perhaps two isn't as awful as I thought, Dad and I went to Steak & Shake for lunch today. Cassie played musical chairs and boycotted her chicken strips and fries b/c she wanted M&Ms out of the vending machine. When she looked at my Dad and threw a fry on the floor, I picked her up, requested that he box the remains of our lunch and headed out to the car. An older couple next to us were giving me that look (you know, because their children NEVER threw food or misbehaved when they were young) and it was clearly time to go. I thought I had the last laugh, because there were no M&Ms for little girls who can't sit still and eat their lunch. When we got home, she requested her food. I put it on the table and headed to the bathroom. When I got out, she was finished eating and a single fry was on the floor. Cassie 1. Mom 0.

No comments: