My apologies. I've been a total slacker on the blog lately. I'd say I'll try to do better, but I'm not going to lie, cycle break is right around the corner and I'm just not sure there are enough hours in the day...
We had a great Labor Day weekend! Saturday our family trip to Six Flags was rained out. We ended up at Mills. I did enough shopping that it cost about as much as an afternoon at Six Flags (you know I'd rather shop for the kids than ride rides anyway), then came home and went through the kids' closets. All of Cassie's 18 month stuff is out, but she can still wear her 24 month stuff from last year. Chase can also wear almost everything from last winter, so we rounded out his wardrobe w/a few new necessities today (new sneaks, pjs & khakis) and I hit Children's Place online to round out Cassie's fall wardrobe during nap today--life is good! Their closets are so organized and tidy--I LOVE IT! I love me an organized house!
Yesterday we headed to Jim's lake after church/council. Cass took a super short nap on the way down and we almost made it injury free until the end of the day when Chase tripped on the dock and got road rash/concrete burn on much of his body. Thanks to my judicious application of neosporin and gauze pads, plus an alternating dose of tylenol and jr motrin, he's feeling much better today! He had a blast w/his cousin Bennett (Ryan wasn't feeling well) fishing and jet skiing. Sherman is proving himself to be quite the outdoorsdoggie, he did not leave Chase's side when he was lakeside and did a fair amount of swimming w/the boys. He also got his first boat ride and LOVED IT! Cassie sat on the boat, but since I didn't have her life jacket with us, no ride for her. She can fish next time... I may have thrown Chase overboard for not listening...earning me the title of "MEANEST MOM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!" Yeah, that's a title I wear with pride. Of course, he did admit on the ride home it was a lesson he won't soon forget! You'll have to ask Uncle Todd which was funnier--me throwing Chase overboard or Bennett doing a donut on the jet ski and throwing a fully clothed Uncle Kevin into the lake...
Today was an errand-running and relaxing day. We got some stuff done around the house (always the laundry), got some shopping done, got our exercise in (roller blading w/Sherman for me, driving range for Jamie) and had friends over for pizza for dinner. All in all, a great weekend. I wish I had pics from the lake trip, but I suck. Seriously. I need to unload the memory card on the camera. It's full.
Busy week ahead and I'm already a day short! AHHHHHHHHH...
No comments:
Post a Comment