So Jamie just yelled at Shermy for swiping napkins from the table. I think Sherm farted in retribution. YUCK. Now we're all suffering, thanks Jamie. After two children, I shouldn't be amazed that something so cute can smell SO bad...but I am.
Easter was busy, busy. Jamie dropped the camcorder Saturday night trying to charge it (of course, it broke). Thankfully, Grandpa Bill always buys extended warranties. And since it was coming to our house, he got the drop/smash/water damage coverage. My Dad really is the smartest guy I know (sorry honey). Of course, an hour after Jamie broke the camcorder, I dropped the egg casserole I made for Easter Brunch at church. Jamie thought I should scoop it up and put it back in the pan, but I was afraid someone would wind up with a Sherman hair in their eggs (not to mention that I'll do the 30 second rule at my own house, but I don't expect anyone else to--that's GROSS). So I remade the whole thing. Good times.
The kids loved their Easter baskets (Bakugan balls and candy for Chase, a talky Elmo & shape puzzle for Cass) and made out like bandits at the church egg hunt. Then we headed to Cuba. The kids had a great time w/their cousins. My niece Sarah walked up to me and said, "It's Aunt Christi!" and then gave me a huge hug. She's at such a fun age right now--she was three last week. Ryan will be seven Sunday and Bennett was eight in February--so the boys played volleyball with their dads outside while the girls napped after lunch.
We headed to Linda's around 4pm. Sherman was with us and went right into Linda's like he owned the place. He behaved beautifully yesterday (and no one was bribing him w/candy) until Jamie's grandma Gladys came in. Sherman completely freaked out. He took off running and cowered--I've never seen anything like it. He wasn't afraid of Aunt Ruth and Great Grandma Esther at Christmas, so it's not like it's an old person thing...Jamie and I can't figure it out, but we figure something is up w/Gladys that Shermy picked up on!
We didn't get home until almost 10pm, it was a long day. About halfway home, Chase announced that he was hot and had taken off his clothes. Jamie and I turned around and discovered him naked as a jaybird, still strapped in his booster. Now--I'm always cold (I had the car thermostat on 75 & the heated seat and was happy), but if he'd said something about being hot, I'd have adjusted the rear temperature! I made him put his underwear on in case there was a wreck. He ended up falling asleep in his unders and boy was it unpleasant for him when Jamie lifted him out of the car into the 49 degree weather...my kids are nuts.
Cass has figured out how to climb onto the kitchen counters when she wants a drink and how to get the "childproof" outlet covers off the outlets. Oh, and last week she figured out how to open a child-resistant cap on infant's motrin. Seriously--she is Chase w/long hair and no penis. At least I know what I'm in for...
No comments:
Post a Comment