Monday, August 2, 2010

Chase's Room


I finally got around to updating Chase's "big boy" room. I painted on Thursday (mostly while Cass was at preschool). On Saturday, we went shopping in Dad's basement and took my Mom's old childhood desk off his hands. I stripped the green & black faux finish she applied before I was born, sanded it all, and painted it. Chase picked out new hardware for it at Hobby Lobby. He also picked out fabric and the baseball accessories over the bed. I sewed all day yesterday (love the fringe I found 60% off at Hancock Fabric on a thread run) after church. This morning I made his headboard (that would be spray painted foam core) and put all the pictures on the walls.

I think this will age better than the baby blue & construction/cars/trucks thing he had going. He is THRILLED and so very proud of all my hard work. Mad props to my Dad for his hoarding tendancies. I make fun, but I've benefitted greatly from all my "shopping" at his place. And the desk is sturdy enough that Chase's grandkids may well be using it in 50 years...

No comments: