So Jamie and I are officially parents of a second-grader. How did that happen? Today Chase got a great report card (which I won't bother to explain b/c I HATE the lack of letter grades the district gives the lower grades. HATE IT!) and we will greatly miss Mrs. Duemler. She was exactly who Chase needed this year and I will be forever grateful to her for her role in shaping him into the mature little man he's becoming.
For a type A, results-oriented person like myself, the day to day grind of SAH and raising a family is tough. You don't see results right away. My perfectionist, pessimistic tendencies tend to focus on what needs to be fixed...which means I often feel like I'm treading water (or worse, sinking on bad days). There is no place I'd rather be than home with the kids, but it isn't always a walk in the park. Cassie hitting the terrible twos with a vengance has further shaken my confidence. My EASY baby isn't easy right now!
And yet, the last few weeks, I'm also getting this incredible feedback about Chase: "he's a joy to have in class," he got a citizenship award from the recess paras today b/c he's "always so well behaved and good at recess." They're not my awards or accomplishments, they're his. And yet I can't help but think, "Thank God! I'm doing something right here!" I am so proud of my little man, truly he is the best of his father and his mother and I am so grateful for that.
Time to clean, my sister is bringing the kids for the weekend tomorrow...I'm hoping the visit will be exactly what I need to convince Jamie he needs to get fixed.
No comments:
Post a Comment