Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Slacker

That's me. I apologize. I've been in sinus infection hell. I finally broke down and went to an ENT on Monday. I'm on prednisone and clavi-something for three weeks, then I have a CT scan and allergy testing a week after that. Thank God I talked Jamie into the low deductible health plan this year b/c this is going to be expensive... On the bright side, I feel like myself again for the first time in a long time. The house is clean, the laundry is caught up, and I've even got a bit of time for a quick blog! We've been functioning in "survival mode" for far too long around here.

I can't believe in a few short weeks, Chase will be a second grader! He's doing GREAT in school and loves to read. As much as he looks like Jamie, he is so like his mother in temperment. Scary!

The princess is rapidly approaching "the terrible twos" and has this lovely new quirk in which she throws herself face-first, spread eagle on the floor when angry. She doesn't cry or scream, just flings herself rather dramatically onto the floor. Honestly? I'm okay with it. At least she's not screaming...

Shermy has mellowed into the calmest, most lovable thing. Even my Dad (who was not a fan of us having a dog that outweighed both kids put together) has come around, he brings him tennis balls now when he comes over!

Life is good.

No comments: