Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quiet

Much quieter day today! Cassie actually napped during naptime (yes, I checked). I replaced the blinds in the breakfast nook today (Chase broke one last night) and need to pick up one more set for the back door. Matching 6+ year old white blinds is IMPOSSIBLE. I actually like the new ones better than the old ones but replacing all of the blinds in the house is out of the question. I can think of so many things I'd rather spend that money on (shoes, bags, clothes, countertops, new floors). Honestly--I wouldn't do white again, I'd do some sort of woven, dirt and handprint hiding thing. At this point in my life, I'm all about masking the messes in my house. And for every magazine article that extolls the virtues of the color white b/c it is bleachable, I've got 10 handprints or coffee stains or worse to deal with!

I sense a disaster in the making w/Chase knocking down Cassie for hugs. Must go before we wind up at the ER...

No comments: